Menu Plan Monday: Meal Prep For Stress-Free Weekday Nights
Yeah, the vegetarian kickstart didn’t go as planned. Completely derailed, but what else is new.
I have finally admitted that I need to do meal prep for our different dietary needs/desires/my own personal sanity. I don't need to eat as often and he does to be on strict IF + Keto, and IP is gone for the next two months, so I can ease up on the FODMAP+ Paleo AIP side prep.
So … we’re (I'm)going to attempt meal prep this Sunday (guess who gets to clean the fridge first) and see how it goes. I’ve done it before with some success and much grumbling.
Him, not so much, but I also don’t have an issue with food. I exercise so I can eat. I know that I love to eat and try new flavors (eating the same thing week in and week out will make me fall off sooner any "diet"faster than anything else), and I know when I am full and stop eating. My issues these days are hormone imbalance (birth control keeps me sane but also packs on the pounds) and lack of exercise plus a shitton of stress. Cortisol is bad mmmkay. I really miss the days when I could just think about losing weight and it would happen. That was well before my 30s hit. 40s aren't so easy either.
In no particular order, and because I forgot to take pictures while cooking (I WAS FOCUSED Y'ALL!) we will be having
- Turkey and Cranberry Meatballs with baked sweet potatoes and arugula salad
- Sheet-Pan Balsamic Herb Chicken & Vegetables
- 20-Minute Mango Chicken Bowls (extra veggies, no grains). I made enough for this to double as lunch too.
- Butter-Roasted Cod Halibut with Asparagus and Olives
- Garlic and Thyme Skillet Salmon
- Homemade Fudgesicle Recipe (dairy free, gluten free & naturally sweetened).
I will possibly update with IG photos of my delicious creations, but since I can't even keep up on my CY365, don't bet on it.