Menu Plan Monday: Vegetarian Kick Start
While I was sick, for some reason, I picked up "Eat to Live" off the food-related bookshelf and started reading again. What? I was home, sick, bored of daytime TV. Anyway, it got me thinking about how we have slipped so quickly from January Whole 30 to eating ... not so great. I was trying to figure out how to do 6 weeks of vegetarian just for myself (my cousin's wedding is coming up, and I am nowhere near my goal).
I mentioned it separately to J & H. J was incredibly enthusiastic (what have you done with my child???!!!), but her doctor wants her to lose some excess, and switching to a vegetarian diet might calm down some of her gut issues since red meat is now on the "maybe" list.
H was ... agreeable. To one week, not six. We'll see.
In no particular order:
- Portobello Mushrooms with Summer Squash (recipe)
- Lentil Stew skip the bread and rice (recipe)
- Ratatouille -- Due to an emergent nightshade reaction, I'm going to have to modify to tomato-less. I love the internet.
... one of the simplest recipes for ratatouille one could hope to find. It says to add zucchini, bell peppers, and peeled eggplant, all cut into long strips, to a pot with diced onion and a few cloves of garlic and cook them together over a low flame with olive oil. -- from Serious Eats
- Veggie Stir Fry
- Spaghetti Squash Pasta Primavera (ancient grain, quinoa, or soba noodles for Joy)
- Zucchini Parmesan (recipe)
Hopefully, this will be the first week of six.