Better Than Subway Chocolate White Chip Cookies
Early last week I gave my daughter the option of regular chocolate chip cookies or Cranberry White Chocolate Chip cookies. In typical Joy fashion, she ignored the choices and created her own. Once she tasted these she exclaimed “These are better than the ones at Subway!” – which apparently was her inspiration for asking for chocolate cookies.
Chocolate White Chip Cookies
Adapted from the Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies recipe in the Joy of CookingPrep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: About 45 2-inch cookies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli chocolate powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by measured spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.