Recipe: Whole Wheat Corn Bread
Modified from a classic cornbread recipe. It's not as bright yellow as traditional corn bread because of the whole wheat flour, but it's just as tasty with butter and honey.
Whole Wheat Corn BreadRecipe by Annette Holland
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-12 servings
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil or unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease an 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together until moist. Batter will be lumpy. Pour into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Corn bread is done when a knife or toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.