Milk - It Does a School Good
We already collect box tops, soup can labels, grocery receipts, and who knows what else to support our schools and give them the extra cash that the state of California can't seem to come up with. (Yes, I support public education and I'm appalled at how far California has fallen since I graduated from high school. Do NOT get me started on Prop 13).
So in addition to reading labels for trans-fat and partially hydrogenated oils I'll be looking out for the Real California Milk seal. Even better, it's a local organization working to give back to the community.
Those savvy cows, along with Scholastic, are supporting California schools by launching the Real Seal Appeal program and awarding California schools with up to $2 million in cash, books and prizes.
- From October 1, 2011-December 31, 2011, The California Milk Advisory Board in conjunction with Scholastic, will be challenging Southern California elementary classrooms, schools and students to collect Real California milk and cheese seals for a chance to win up to $2 million in cash, books and other prizes.
- Parents and kids work together to clip and save seals from any Real California Milk product. Then, they turn the seals into their teachers; the teachers then turn in the seals for the chance to win cash and prizes – the more seals collected the better the chance of winning. For example, 100 seals = 25 free books for your child's classroom.
- Grand Prize: 3 winning schools will receive $20,000 plus a Wii Fit™ game for every child in classroom (up to 50
- 2nd Place: 3 winning schools will receive $10,000 plus a Wii Fit™ game for every child in classroom (up to 50)
- 3rd Place: 3 winning schools will receive $5,000 plus a Wii Fit™ game for every child in classroom (up to 50)
- Runner Ups: 2,595 winning schools will receive $500 prizes
Check this list to see if your school district is participating.