Kick this Flu on it’s Butt Citrus Chicken
I hate being sick. I’ve had enough of chicken noodle soup. So for dinner tonight I am tossing together something tasty out of the ingredients we have on hand. Yes, I’m one of those “organic cooks” so I did this one by eye and smell. Since I’m sick my mom tasted the sauce for me.
- crushed pineapple (without juice) and orange marmalade in equal amounts (at least a 4 oz though)
- canola or olive oil – approx 1/3 cup
- garlic fresh or crushed, ginger fresh is better, I only had ground on hand, cayenne pepper flakes to taste. More of each to combat illness (links go to Wikipedia entries for each explaining the health benefits)
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- optional – honey if you like it sweeter, but the orange marmalade makes it plenty sweet. Honey also has excellent antibacterial properties.
Heat oven to 350°F, line baking pan with foil. Place chicken breasts in pan. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste, should be sweet with a little kick from the pepper. Pour mixture over the chicken, coating thoroughly. Bake 30-45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.