The next few weeks, recipes will be brought to you by
Since I know from experience that Fresh and Easy isn't everywhere, I will provide ingredients and/or substitutes where necessary.
If shopping at F&E
- 1 pack F&E Beef Fajitas
- 1 pack F&E Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 bottle F&E Ranch Dressing
- 1 bag avocados
- 1 count iceberg lettuce
If shopping at a regular grocery store:
- 1 lb. flank or bottom round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green and/or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pkg. fajita seasoning
- 1 dozen (whole wheat) flour tortillas
- 1 bottle ranch dressing
- 4 avocados (preferably Haas)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Pit and remove avocados from their skin and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of ranch dressing per avocado to the bowl and mash with a fork (or blend in a blender like my mother did). Set aside.
- Take lettuce and cut head in half, shred thinly.
- Heat large saute pan on medium high heat. Once warm, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Carefully add the contents of the beef fajita pack (or steak, onions, etc) to the pan. Toss ingredients to allow all sides of the meat and vegetables to cook.
- While steak is cooking, microwave tortillas for about 15-20 seconds per tortilla.
- Plate and serve!
Other sides: Salsa, Cuban Black Bean Dip, tortilla chips, sour cream