Also known as Fudge Drops. My mom made these for a bake sale last week and I gushed about them on twitter. They are QUITE delicious. This post is especially for @crispydragon, who asked for the recipe. Enjoy!
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate and 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds (optional)
Heat oven to 350F. Grease baking sheets; set aside. Melt chocolate and butter/margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in sugar until creamy. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla (make sure mixture has cooled some, otherwise the batter will be thin). Blend flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in nuts and remaining chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoons, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let stand on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Note: an ice cream scoop or melon-baller make great tools for perfectly round cookies