Tuesday take 5 -- week #4
- what are you currently trying to learn/master with your cooking?
Crockpot cooking of all things. Sometimes I don’t quite get it right. And pancakes. Though, after 20+ years, that might be a lost cause.
- where do you go for ideas for new recipes (cooking shows, cookbooks/magazines, experiment in the kitchen)?
Usually things I try in a restaurant, like pho, or ethnic food. Like the empanadas. I’ll also try some of the recipes in the back of magazines.
- what is one thing that you make, but you don't eat?
Shrimp stir-fry. Both me and my son are allergic, me mildly, him severely. But so far my estranged-dh and dd are ok.
- what is your biggest guilty pleasure with food?
Tasting while cooking.
- what is one thing that your mom (or who ever taught you to cook) can make better than you?
Traditional Mexican food I suppose. It’s been a while since I made huevos rancheros or chile rellenos.
Now I’m getting hungry… I should stop all this food blogging.Who am I kidding? I LOVE food!
Don’t forget to see more responses at Deep in the Dish of Texas
Technorati Tags: tuesdaytake5