2008: a snapshot
borrowed from @daniellesque
- Where did you begin 2008?
Crashing on a friend's couch in Pasadena. But I got a homemade breakfast that day.
- What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Single and in my own apartment.
- Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Yes, I started University of Phoenix.
- Did you have to go to the hospital?
Only for Josh and his broken arm
- Did you have any encounters with the police?
- Where did you go on vacation?
I took a few weekend trips to the Bay Area, but no real vacation
- What did you purchase that was over $500?
My Honda Fit
- Did you know anybody who got married?
Yes, my downstairs neighbors.
- Did you know anybody who passed away?
No. Death free year in my immediate circle.
- Did you move anywhere?
From Pasadena to Long Beach.
- What sporting events did you attend?
Vans Downtown Showdown. Skateboarding is a sport, right?
- What concerts/shows did you go to?
- Where do you live now?
Still in Long Beach
- Describe your birthday-
The best day of the year I think. First we had the Corona Book Club, more wine imbibed than book discussion. Daphne got me a yummy chocolate cake and then we got dolled up and went to Old Town Pasadena for dinner and dancing. I was supposed to get a tattoo, but we took too long eating and just having fun.
- What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
get addicted to yet another on-line service *cough*twitter*cough*
- What has/have been your favorite moment(s)?
Hiking with my daughter, the above mentioned birthday, and getting a job with Disney.
- What's something you learned about yourself?
I am waaaay to prone to anxiety and depression still.
- Any new additions to your family?
A neice and a nephew
- What was your best month?
sometime between July and August. I was unemployed, but the best moments of the year happened then.
- What music will you remember 2008 by?
Chris Brown, Pink, and Estelle
- Who has been your best drinking buddy?
Daphne and Jules
- Made new friends?
YUP! Lots of new twitterpals met in RL
- Favorite Night[s] out?
My birthday and the Roscoe's Tweetup
- What do you want to change in 2009?
I want to focus more on being the best I can be at everything I turn my hand to, be more organized, be a better mom, and quit procrastinating. Maybe my mom is right about me being an overachiever...
- Overall, how would you rate this year?
One of the worst I have ever had.
- What would you change about 2008?
I'm not sure. Everything is an opportunity for growth right?
- Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
On the freeway, and on twitter
- Have any life changes 2008?
Continued separation, adopted a new dog, and decided to lose weight
- Change your hairstyle?
Still letting it grow.
- Get a new job?
Yup. Switched agencies after getting sacked and now working for DIMG and loving it.
- How old did you turn this year?
A lady never tells her age. But you might be able to figure it out from older posts
- Do you have a New Year's resolution?
To kick this depression in the arse
- Did anything embarrassing?
Of Course! Not going to make it public though.
- Buy anything new from eBay?
A power cable for the camcorder.
- What was/were your favorite purchase[s]?
I guess my car... everything else has been a necessity. Oh! My Nikon pns
- Get married or divorced?
- Get arrested?
- Did you get sick this year?
More times than I care to think about
- Start a new hobby?
got more into photography, but that's not really new is it? Introduced Joy to hiking.
- Are you happy to see 2008 go?