And it was hotter in the Valley where I work.
So today, it rained in the morning and stayed cloudy and cool all day long. My son made reference to how he missed Oregon and I was finally prompted to make potato soup.
And so starts Autumn in the Holland household.
Josh couldn't wait to dig in.
Let me know if you want the recipe.
Technorati Tags: potato soup,Autumn,Fall,weather
- 1 lb. potatoes cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup celery (about 2-3 stalks)
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (or 1/2 tsp. onion powder in a pinch)
- 1/4 lb. bacon, about 10-12 slices (at least that's what I use) and/or sausage -- i use turkey bacon and sausage, already cooked and fit my one pot style of cooking.
- 3Tbs all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large pot melt butter and sauté celery, carrots, onion, sausage/bacon (if using turkey. otherwise prepare meat in a separate pan).
- Set aside in a bowl, sprinkle with flour.
- Fill pot with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add in milk and sauteed vegetables, mix until warm and thick.
- Serve and enjoy